Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate IV (DVB-S/S2)Art.No.: 9
Category: Digital TV Sticks
16. June 2014, new prototypes are ready. We're starting to manufacture the new tuners now. New tuners should be available between 15th - 30th July 2014High-End USB Stick for receiving digital TV via Sattelite. The stick was designed to receive HDTV and normal SDTV channels with computers.
The software supports Windows MediaCenter and Linux 2.6
The Linux software also supports streaming DVB-S/S2 via Wireless Lan or LAN to other Linux or Windows based PCs in your homenetwork.
Thanks to our unique and independent driver architecture this device can be used across many different architectures. (for example ARM (eabi/oabi), MIPS (bit/little endian), MIPSEL (big/little endian), PPC, X86 (32/64bit)).
List of a few supported devices:
* Western Digital WDTV Live (Media PC, only Streaming) (MIPSEL)
* Western Digital My Book (NAS) (ARM)
* Sheevaplug (ARM)
* Guruplug (ARM)
* Dreambox 800 (MIPSEL)
* Acer Aspire One Netbook (Intel 32bit)
* Netgear WNDR3700 Router (MIPS)
* Seagate Dockstar
Please note that for HDTV (1080i/720p) with Linux an optimized PC system should be used, in order to minimize the CPU requirement we advice to use an NVidia graphiccard with proprietary drivers. For normal SDTV Streams (720x576) no special hardware requirements are requiered.
Since the installation does not require any Kernelmodules or other dependencies an installation usually just takes less than 10 seconds
The USB Stick will be shipped with following components:
The software/drivers can be found in our support forum.
Drivers are directly developed and maintained by us, because of that we can give you the best possible support and if needed always extend our software.
We'll keep adding more information until 13th October 2010.
We are happy to inform you about a price change of this product respectively when it hits the price you want to purchase.
- John writes: Time: 12:31 Date: 06.05.2012 Rating: 5
Great product, easy install. Works exactly as described.
Installed on a DM800se running OpenPLi. Connect it up. Install the plugin. Select setup and it downloads the driver. Quick reboot and you are done. It kicks in whenever the on board tuner is busy recording. Switching channels not noticably slower.